Pete's Ultimate Mother's Day Rocky Road
1/3 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
1 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 teaspoon kosher sea salt
12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 cup Pete's Original Vanilla Marshmallows, diced
- Combine butter, evaporated milk, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a hard boil for about 6 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.? Stir in chocolate until smoothly melted.
- Fold in the almonds and your gourmet marshmallow bits.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 by 8-inch square baking pan.
- Chill until firm, about 2 to 4 hours.
- Cut into 12 squares or use a cookie-cutter heart to make a super simple batch of heavenly Mother's Day Rocky Road Treats!
Marshmallow and Chocolate Chip Popcorn
8 cups popcorn
1 cup chopped unsalted nuts
2 tbsp salted Butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 7-ounces marshmallow cream
Combine popcorn and nuts in a large greased bowl.
Melt butter and chocolate in large saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in marshmallow cream.
Dribble over popcorn mixture. Stir to coat evenly.
Press in greased 9-inch square casserole and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours. Cut into squares and serve.
|1 1/2 Tablespoons||Lemon Extract|
|2 1/4 cups||Sugar|
|1-1/2 cups||Whipping cream|
|1/3 cup||Dark corn syrup|
|2 Tablespoons||Unsalted butter|
TOOLS: 8x8 baking pan, small sauce pan, large sauce pan, pastry brush, candy thermometer, knife and a cutting board.
- Thoroughly grease an 8x8 inch metal pan with the vegetable oil. Set a side for later.
- In a small, heavy bottomed sauce pan combined 3/4 cups of sugar, lemon extract and the water. Bring to boil over medium heat. Remove from heat, put lid on pan and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In the large heavy bottomed sauce pan, bring remaining sugar and whipping cream to a boil over a medium heat. Add the dark corn syrup at this point and return to boil. Wet your pastry brush in warm water and wash down the sides of the large sauce pan. try to make sure there are no sugar crystals remaining on the sides of the pan.
- Place your candy thermometer into the large sauce pan clipping it to the side. Raise your flame to a med-high heat, stirring often, bring temperature to 240F. About 10 minutes.
- Stir lemon Syrup mixture into large sauce pan and bring temperature up to 257F. Remove pan from heat stir in butter.
- Pour caramel into pre-greased 8x8 pan and let cool for 3 hours.
- Score around edge of caramel with knife to help release candy from pan, turn out onto cutting board and cut into 1 inch squares. Place in airtight container with plastic wrap or wax paper between layers to prevent them from sticking to one another.
(makes 50 to 60 pieces)
Pete's Soft Brownie S'mores
|1 cup||Unsalted butter or shortening|
|4 Tablespoons||Dark cocoa powder (Hershey's Dark Cocoa), sifted|
|4 large||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 1/2 cups||All-purpose flour|
|1 1/2 cups||Pete's Marshmallow Creme|
|2 teaspoons||Vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch metal pan.
- Melt butter under low heat. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa powder. Let cool to warm.
- With a hand-held mixer on low, mix the sugar, eggs and vanilla together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. With a large mixing spoon, add in the flour, in two steps. When just combined, add the butter and cocoa mixture. If the butter has hardened, reheat it slightly. The mixture must be cooled when added to the flour mixture. Combine ingredients with a large mixing spoon, but do not over mix the batter.
- Spoon 3/4 of batter into the baking pan. Then frost with marshmallow crme and place and smooth remaining 1/4 of batter on top of marshmallow creme.
- Bake for 30 minutes, but start checking at 20 minutes.
Pete's Chocolate Marshmallow Martini
|1 1/2 shots||Godiva chocolate liqueur|
|1 1/2 shots||Shots creme de cacao|
|2 1/2 shots||Half-and-half|
|1 square||Pete's chocolate dipped marshmallow|
Mix all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake and pour into a chilled cocktail glass. Add the marshmallow on a skewer. Enjoy.
CLICK HERE TO SEND A RECIPE IDEA